The English school in Oxford is housed in an attractive Edwardian building with three floors and a modern extension. Situated just 10 minutes’ bus ride north of Oxford city center, it also has a beautiful garden and courtyard at the back of the building, perfect for summer barbecues and sports.
Oxford is an Exam Preparation Academy which means that the school specialises in supporting students to achieve the highest possible IELTS result. IELTS preparation classes will be available either in the morning or the afternoon and you will have the option to take regular mock IELTS tests. You will be taught by teachers who have received specialist training in IELTS and will receive support throughout your course with tutorials and study plans focusing on maximising your IELTS score.
- Excellent learning facilities with an on-site café serving food and drink
- The school offers a comprehensive range of English courses, from general English courses to IELTS exam preparation
- There’s plenty to see and do, including river punting and visiting Oxford University colleges, with a fantastic combination of museums, restaurants and pubs
- Thinking of studying at a university in the UK? Kaplan’s University Placement Service (UPS) uses an extensive academic network to help you gain entry to graduate and undergraduate university courses
**Can accept Young Learner students aged 14-18 in closed groups.
- 11 bright, modern classrooms, some with air-conditioning
- Classrooms are equipped with interactive whiteboards, which can incorporate media forms like video and audio
- 20 computers and laptops which students can use to access K+ tool
- Quiet study area staffed at peak times by our Study Center Managers who can help students with their studies
- Wireless internet is available throughout the school and garden
- Combined with the café, the student lounge provides an area for students to eat lunch, as well as offering a wide screen HD TV and Playstation
- A modern stylish café onsite features a varied menu served every day (including vegetarian and Halal), as well as offering sandwiches, snacks, hot and cold drinks
- There is a large, beautiful garden that students can use to socialise or eat lunch in
- Shopping: as Well as Independent Market Stalls, Oxford Is Home to Several Shopping Centers With All the Famous High Street Stores
- Outdoor Activities: Enjoy Trips to London, Stratford-upon-avon, and More
- Arts & Theatre: See the Inspirations of Many Famous Literary Classics, From Alice in Wonderland to His Dark Materials
- Sports: Oxford Has a Professional Football Club That You Can Watch, as Well as Plenty of Other Sports for You to Get Involved in
- Food & Drink: Taste the Treats in the Covered Market, Present All Year Round
- Nightlife: Enjoy the Student Vibe and Visit One of Many Pubs and Bars
- History: Visit the Famous Colleges of Oxford, Where Parts of Harry Potter Were Filmed
Student residenceStudent residences are specially selected apartments, hostels, and dorms that provide a fantastic living experience. Enjoy a more independent lifestyle and the social aspects of living with new friends.
- Live with fellow students for more independence
- Most residences are self-catering
- Live and socialize with your new friends
- Single, twin, double, and dorm rooms are available at various locations
- Live with a local family specially chosen by us
- Enjoy breakfasts and dinners with the family
- Practice English daily in an informal situation
- Immerse yourself in a new culture
- Join the homestay program and live with a family during your time in Oxford. Share meals with your hosts and practice your English outside of school in a relaxed and informal situation.
Accreditation & membershipsThis Kaplan International English school is accredited by the British Council and ISI (the Independent Schools Inspectorate), and is a member of English UK. These are highly respected organizations that represent and help maintain the best English language schools in the country.